Bismillah...

"For those whose hopes are in the meeting with Allah (in the Hereafter, let them strive); for the Term (appointed) by Allah is surely coming: and He hears and knows (all things). And if any strive (with might and main) they do so for their own souls: for Allah is free of all needs from creation... and those who believe and work righteous deeds -them we shall admit into the company of the Righteous." ~Surat al-Ankabut, Ayahs 5-6, 9

Friday, July 23, 2004

Sajdah

Bismillah hir Rahman nir Raheem.
As-salaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu : )

I hope you're all in the best of health and imaan, using your time in a manner that will draw you near to Allah subhaanahu wa ta 'aala and spending your every free moment emersed in His remembrance..

I was just thinking something today, which I think about often but it kinda hit me stronger now than it has in the past. I realized how much I love doing sujud. I have yet to discover a physical act more pleasurable than sujud. I mean, think about it... our purpose here is to worship and love Allah. What act better embodies this purpose than sujud? It's like you're saying, "Nothing matters, not my body, not my intellect, not my face by which I'm recognized on this earth, nothing. All that matters is You, so here I am. Submitted. Here I am for You." SubhaanAllah... profound. If I didn't get such a headache after a while I'd stay in sujud for hours. Ooh, now would be a good time to mention... if ever you want to cry in sujud, make sure you won't be seeing anyone for the next hour or two, because your face will maintain that puffy, swollen, post-crying look for a looooong time. Even people who hardly know you will be like, "What's wrong?"

[...]

On another note, alhamdulillah, it's raining : ) I usually don't like rain, but my father's made me realize that rain is barakah from Allah subhaanahu wa ta 'aala, and we should make du'a when it's raining coz it's a time when His barakah is descending from the heavens and a good time to make du'a : ) I did today and I was very grateful that I took the naseeha. I've heard it so many times before, but for some reason hearing it from my father really made it sink in. May Allah increase him..

Please make du'a for me... I'm quite in need of du'as.

Was-salaam ma'al ikraam,
Zareen